A Breakthrough Soft Lens for Keratoconus.
If you’re looking for a new approach to keratoconus that offers the comfort of a soft lens; custom parameters, including cylinder correction to -10.00D; and the kind of straightforward fitting not found in hybrids, Alden Optical’s new NovaKone™ soft lens for keratoconus is it. While NovaKone lenses can be a viable solution for all stages of keratoconus, they’re especially effective for patients with more advanced conditions, those who have failed to tolerate GPs, or who have been unsuccessful with hybrid and scleral lenses.
This remarkable new lens offers you and your patients:
- A higher level of comfort than most GP or hybrid lenses can deliver
- Excellent visual outcomes
- A straightforward fitting approach
- The option of quarterly replacement
Designed For Success.
NovaKone is designed specifically for the keratoconic eye, with advanced design features and flexible parameters that give you incredibly precise fitting control.
- A central base curve optimized for precise optical alignment over the steep central cornea
- Variable lens center thickness (IT Factor) to neutralize almost any irregular astigmatism
- Our proprietary Dual Elliptical Stabilization™ and cylinder powers to -10.00D to precisely address residual astigmatism
- An independent para-central fitting curve to assure excellent lens movement and physical fit
- NovaKone soft lenses for keratoconus are indicated for visual correction for patients with all stages of keratoconus and pellucid marginal degeneration.
- NovaKone can be particularly successful to address cases where GP, hybrid, and scleral lenses have failed or are otherwise contraindicated.
- NovaKone offers extraordinary comfort and can be an excellent adjunct to other forms of correction.
See NovaKone Sales Aid for specific lens guidance.
|Materials||Benz G4X 54%, Hioxifilcon D|
|Diameter||15.0 as standard, others available in 0.1mm steps|
|5.4, 5.8, 6.2, 6.6, 7.0, 7.4, 7.8, 8.2, 8.6 as standard, others available in 0.1mm steps|
|8.2, 8.4, 8.6 as standard, others available in 0.1mm steps|
|Sphere Power||+30.00 to -30.00 in 0.25D steps|
|Cylinder Power||up to -10.00 in 0.25D steps|
|Axis||1° to 180° in 1° steps|
(index of thickness)
|0 (0.35mm CT),
1, 2, 3, 4 (ea. 0.10mm increased CT)
|*IT Factor is used to increase the lens thickness to address varying levels of irregularity.|
All Dx lenses feature Dual Elliptical Stabilization (with diagnostic marks and without cylinder power).
Premium 18-Lens Diagnostic Set
|Base Curve||Fitting Curve||Sphere Power||I.T. Factor|
|8.6||8.6||-4.00||0, 1, & 2|
|8.2||8.6||-5.00||0, 1, & 2|
|7.8||8.4||-6.00||0, 1, & 2|
|7.4||8.4||-7.00||1, 2, & 3|
|7.0||8.2||-8.00||1, 2, & 3|
|6.6||8.2||-9.00||1, 2, & 3|